Many parents get frustrated with one word answers from teens, so I thought I’d put together a list of what to ask your teenager after school besides, “How was your day?”
- Did anything out of the ordinary happen today?
- What did you eat for lunch? Who did you sit with?
- What did you do today that made you think hard?
- What was something challenging you faced today?
- Tell me about a (new) friend in one of your classes.
- How was a teacher helpful or less than helpful today?
- Did you see an injustice occur throughout the day?
- Did you have the opportunity to help someone?
When you get curious and creative with your questions, you are more likely to have an extended conversation. Have you seen my CONSIDER THIS conversation cards? Another great way to have a meaningful chat!
Click the image below to see more about them!